Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Toenail Ice Cream



You may want to check your barf mechanism on this one.

Several years ago, before the dawn of DramaMama, a buddy and I frequently played network computer games. We would go to the store first to get goodies to eat while we played. We soon settled on our favorite items which turned out to be pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream.

My friend was rather fond of a particular flavor produced by the Girl Scouts called "Thin Mint". Now all of you Girl Scout cookie lovers know how fabulous that flavor is.

One day as we were choosing our ice creams at the store, the topic came up of just how many Girl Scouts were in this Ice Cream? Being guys of the single persuasion, we couldn't just leave it at that. We were soon practically rolling in the aisle bantering back and forth about lips and eyeballs and the like.

By the time we left the store, Girl Scout Thin Mint Ice Cream and been re-christened "Toenail Ice Cream".

A couple days ago as I was cruising through Osco, I saw a container and had myself a fond reminiscence. I of course bought it and shared it with my family.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 15, 2006 7:54 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I'm surprised that Eric hasn't publicly denounced you -- Thin Mints are his all-time favorites!!

 
At July 21, 2006 9:19 AM, Blogger Tashina said...

Man we miss you guys. You gave me my good laugh, my spiritual uprising and appreciation for my family all on one blogspot. I tried to post to Drama Mama's blog but I don't have her email. Thanks for sharing your stories.

 
At July 23, 2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

heh heh - spooky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home