Saturday, June 10, 2006

Holy Crap!


We have a lot of crap! We have been sifting through closets, drawers, deep dark recesses, and the garage looking for stuff we no longer need, and probably never needed. This time we decided that sentimentality would not be the rule. We bit the bullet and ridded ourselves of items that we never thought we could part with. The Bear wasn't very happy with the amount of stuff that we were "giving to other kids".

As I mentioned, we borrowed my sister's truck for what we thought would be two trips to Deseret Industries. Then our stuff started having babies, and it became evident that this project would not be completed today.

After the second trip, we had lunch, then prepping for the third trip I took out my back again. I really hate that. Anyway, DramaMama and DrummerBoy loaded the truck and DrummerBoy drove with me as a passenger.

Although we carted three truckloads away, it seems that we only made a dent. We still cant get the car in garage. Not by a long shot. I think we could fit a Hot Wheels car, but nothing much bigger. I keep saying we need to host a bonfire in the street.

I was very proud of everyone though through this purging. It really felt good to do this

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Ahhhh!!!

You're....REDUCING! :):)

Proud of ya. Yep. Big step.

Keep going! Only next time, don't do so much at once!

Flylady's mantra is, "Remember, it didn't get that way in a day; don't expect to clean it out in a day."

Small increments will ulimately lead to THE END OF UNWANTED CLUTTER!

Then you and Erica can dance around in the garage by candlelight. :)

 
At June 12, 2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I don't want to dance in the garage...But I'd really love to PARK THERE! LOL

 
At June 13, 2006 4:24 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

LOL Erica!

 
At June 20, 2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

I bet it felt awesome to get that much done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home