Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Gospel according to the Bear


I have a couple to share this time. The Bear has been on a roll.

We have been attempting to teach The Bear the Primary songs from church. One of these is called "Follow the Prophet". I guess I really have two with this one, then another one.

The other day The Bear was playing a computer game ridding the galaxy of fouldom when he start singing Follow the Prophet. "Follow the Prophet" BOOM BANG POW "Follow the Prophet"...

Yesterday The Bear and I were working on his rear end for cleaning purposes, when he belts out "Follow the poopy, follow the poopy!"

I tried very hard not to laugh at that last one, but I could not help myself. I laughed long and hard.

Just a few minutes ago, The Bear and I were playing the same boom bang pow game, and while I was taking a turn, he was being overly wiggly. I asked him to stop a number of times, and ended up having to move him to the side for a minute.

When I picked him up again, I gave him a big hug.

Bear: "How come you gave me a hug when you told me to stop wiggling?"

Dad: "Because Jesus says that after you act mean to someone, you have to give them loves!"

Bear: "DUH!"

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At June 28, 2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

geez, that hurt my hernia. heh heh

 
At June 29, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Bear sounds like a pretty smart little dude! Perhaps he would like me to audition for him! Oh yea... Wendy sent me!

 
At June 29, 2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Meira{FB} said...

Hmmmmmm Bear is deep.

Visiting by way of Wendy!

 
At June 29, 2006 10:36 PM, Blogger RebEllen said...

Dave thanks for sharing that story! Wendy directed me here. Bear _is_ deep!

 
At June 29, 2006 11:00 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Bear knows how it is!

Wendy sent me.

 
At June 29, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Okay, Dave--I just wanted to reiterate that I am not a psycho-stalker. In case you were worried :)

 
At June 30, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Don't mind me... I'm just sleepwalking through.... Wendy sent me!

 
At July 10, 2006 3:55 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

I remember my little guy (now 15) at around five stating to his kindergarten teacher who was standing by my hubbie and me at a fall open house. He told his teacher that he has a woody. My husband and I looked at each other...and then quickly told the teacher that we'd recently bought our son a parakeet who we named, "Woody."

I digress. ;)

Gotta love em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home