Monday, June 12, 2006

May the farts be with you


Everyone has had that inopportune time when your body language speaks volumes and your mouth doesn't.

I had one of those moments today that in some ways was hysterically funny, and others was rather mortifying.

I was walking down the hall at a brisk clip this afternoon, when my boss stepped out from one of the offices and I nearly steam-rolled him.

"Daaavvve... how are things going?"

Deciding not to regale him with tales of injury and woe, I said, "Great!" Then it happened.

With no warning whatsoever, a succinct but distinct BLAT sounded.

"OH MAN! Excuse me!"

Without missing a beat, he said, "Just passing through!"

After making myself disappear, I told the guy I share the office with, and we had a good laugh.

Later as I was fondly reminiscing about it, I thought that just how many times in your life do you get to say exactly what you want to your boss, and get away with it. Honestly, I wasn't that great and the body language told the truth. I gave my boss the south port raspberry! WOO HOO!

He'll think twice about asking how I am doing from now on!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

heh heh. that's a gas!

 
At June 12, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger David said...

Very funny.

 
At June 13, 2006 4:26 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Dave!! LOLOL

You...you FARTED AT YOUR BOSS!!!

LOLOL

That's rich. Oh my gosh.....

LOL.....

 
At June 14, 2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I haven't seen him since I blew him off! ;)

 
At June 15, 2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Holy cow!

I had a prime opportunity today to do it again... at his head!

I passed on it though, (no pun intended... okay maybe there was) I figured twice in one week was pushing it! :)

 
At June 20, 2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

That is so stinkin' funny!

 
At July 09, 2006 8:31 PM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

I really needed this laugh today!

 
At July 10, 2006 3:52 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

That's a good one, Dave! You crack me up! I love your sense of humor...can't take life too seriously, now can we?

Thx for the reminder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home