Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Writer Boy

Writing has been going very well lately. I have really been working over the early chapters of the book, and have added four chapters. What was once chapter 3, has grown into chapters 3 through 7.

Although I am not really done with editing and writing these chapters, I have posted chapters 1 through 10 on my book blog.

There is a huge difference compared to the first draft. I am filling in holes and making things make more sense. I am really enjoying this, and I know that this will all be worth it.

This revision has turned out to be what I have been referring to as "sweeping". I have been breaking up chapters in order to have only one scene per chapter. I have rewritten parts, added a lot of new writing, and chopped out junk that has been bugging me.

I think I am going to start querying in earnest when I have this revision done. I have big plans for the third revision that should also be a sweeper. Oh to have more time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2007 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready to toss my ms out the window :D Normally revisions don't bother me. This one has been a struggle to say the least!

I will get through it! Though I don't think this novel will ever be one of my 'favorites'.

Glad to hear your revising is going well though!!!

 
At August 22, 2007 8:22 AM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

I've picked up mine after several months on the shelf and have concluded that my first novel stinks. I'm working on it, though. Amazing what you see after you let it sit awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home