Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Take on Harry Potter

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows several days ago. It to me was an excellent book. Some things we had speculated were correct, but some were way off. Without offering any spoilers for those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of reading it, I would say that the way J. K. Rowling developed this entire series was nothing short of amazing. There is so much depth and intricacy to it that it boggles the mind.

I have since revisited book 1 and have found several things in the first few chapters that she dealt with in this final book.

If I had the chance to meet her face to face, I would thank her for her dedication to this project, the lengths she went to in bringing her characters to be for her fans like real people. We feel we know them.

One aspect of her writing that I like is that she writes in cafes. I have done this several times, and I have to agree that it is a good place to write. I always find the table in the corner where I can face the outside window. That way, it sends a silent signal to others that I would prefer to not be bothered, while I can stare out the window as I ponder my story.

As I read this final book, I was grateful that it was so long. I was able to immerse myself in it for three nights in a row, while still seeing that there was a lot more to read. My responses to things going on in the book were frequently "Holy Crap!" as in "I wasn't expecting that!"

There were several lines in the book that made me laugh. One in particular had me chuckling for a good 5 minutes. "Accio Hagrid!"

Nothing of course will beat the line toward the end uttered by Mrs. Weasley. It was one that made you cheer "YES!"

I loved the book, and I have throughly enjoyed the entire Harry Potter series. The one thing I found a little disheartening though was comparing my own book to this one. There is so much more that I have to do to come anywhere close to the strength of book 7.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 10:56 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

Hello my friend. Summer cheers to you and yours.

Have to agree about the cafe. I enjoy studying/writing there too.

I have to catch up on you blog -- heh heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home