Saturday, February 24, 2007

Arizona Woodpeckers

I'm sure all of you are familiar with the sound of a woodpecker hammering rapidly on a tree. We are blessed at our home to have one that likes to peck at the stucco in the back of our house.

That aside, I would like to discuss one that I see (well, hear at first) as I walk the Bear to his bus stop.

Here's how it plays out:

Bear and Daddy walking along talking about things important to a kid.

TATTTATTAATTAATTATTATATTATT

"What is that noise Daddy?"

"It's a Woodpecker."

"What's a Wordpicker?"

"Wood... Pecker... They are birds that make a hole in trees with their beak and eat the bugs inside."

"Oh."

All well and good, but as daddy continues to walk and hear the tell-tale sounds of a bug-attack in progress, he spots the woodpecker...

ON TOP OF THE PLASTIC CASING OF A STREET LIGHT!

Okay, retarded woodpecker, or perhaps one of the new hipper kind that goes for classier substances than plain old wood.

So I had my laugh.

Over the next week, I saw the same thing two or three more times. I don't get it... and apparently neither does the woodpecker. I imagine that he is getting rather hungry.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2007 8:21 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

maybe it's related to that retarded bird that pooped on our walls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home