Saturday, January 27, 2007

Crash, Boom, Bang, Pow!


Welcome to my morning. I was casually dejunking my house when I received a phone call from our frantic teenage new driver.

"I just hit a car!" >>hyperventilation noises<< "Are You okay?" >>More hyperventilation noises<< "Calm down. Where are you?" "I'm on Diamond, I mean Delta... no Diamond." >>hyperventilation noises<< "Calm down, are you okay?" DramaMama picked up the other phone. "What happened? Were you in an accident?" "Yes!" I got myself together (I was in my jammies) and took off. Knowing that his girlfriend lived on Delta, which by the way is only a couple blocks from our house, I hustled over there but saw nothing. I then came 1 block closer to our house to Diamond where I found them. It was a lot worse than I had imagined. My butt-ugly turquoise/green Chrysler POS... I mean LHS was inside another car's trunk. When I say inside, I mean just that. The front left corner of my car was within an inch of the bottom of the rear window. 2/3 of the front of my car was in contact with the other one. The first picture you see was snapped just as the tow truck yanked our car out. I missed the shot by about a second. My car's green life blood was draining everywhere. There were busted pieces of tail and headlights all over. Both of our airbags deployed, but from the look of our son's forehead, he headbutted the steering wheel before his blew in his face. He had a nasty goose-egg that was bleeding slightly. This next picture shows the damage to the front end of my car: As usual, the photo doesn't do it justice.

This next shot is the other car once my car had been extracted:

This came pretty close do doing it justice. The thing was pretty roughed up.

You wanna hear the real crappy news?

Less than a week ago, I made my final payment for my car. I don't even have the title yet.

Wanna hear even more crappy news?

Just yesterday, I paid nearly $400 for work done so the beast would pass the emissions test.

To add insult to injury, my registration expired a significant amount of time ago for which I received a ticket earlier this month. I had taken it in for emissions testing, but it failed. This is why I had the work done. So as the the officer was taking down the details, I told him about that, and produced the repair papers to show them that I was telling the truth.

No dice. I received a second citation for the expired plates.

Now... here's more crappy news:

Clinton was driving to an audition which he missed. My plan was that as soon as he got home, I was going to take the car back in for the emissions and then get it registered. Missed it by that much.

Now... My wife hasn't brought this up yet, but yesterday while I was at work, she called and suggested that I go get the emissions taken care of on my lunch. "Naw," I said. "I'll do it Saturday." If I had done as she said, my car would have been registered, and I wouldn't have gotten that second citation. So now I have 2 court dates. Gotta love that.

One thing though. I'm not going to miss that car. I have regretted buying it for pretty much as long as I have owned it. I traded in a beautiful Chevy Tahoe for it. Dumb stupid and not smart. The Tahoe would have flattened that car! :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 5:34 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Oh nooooooooo!!! What a complete bummer. But thank goodness the boy isn't hurt. Is he feeling pretty crappy about this?

Oh oh OH what a bummer.

When I was 17 I drove my daddy's VW Bug into a tree. Completely smashed the entire front end, like an accordian. And that was our only car.

It cost $1000 to repair. And in 1982, that was a lot.

Ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch, I feel your pain.

:(

 
At January 31, 2007 5:23 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Oh NO not what I wanted to see on my first visit in forever.
I bet the boy feels BAD about this.
I was not lost in the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian starts filming in 11 days though so you were not far off. YEAH
Casting was still looking for Caspian as of a few days ago can you say CLOSE call lol.
BTW my auditions are up and school break is nearly over so I will be back on a more regular basis.
Unless I have to leave the country suddenly or something lol.

 
At January 31, 2007 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Arizonan - Wendy directed me here tonight and also I'm making sure your head is okay after your twistamajigger mishap. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 04, 2007 2:09 PM, Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I am glad he is ok though. We got in an accident in November. We were the frosting in an oreo of an accident. We had just paid Wes' car of a couple of months earlier. We ended up having to get a new one for him too.

All you can do is let it go and be grateful that the people are ok!

 
At February 04, 2007 8:25 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

aw man. reminds me of when I rolled a car over near a sugar cane field when I was a junior in high school.

I feel for ya.

for me music and cars don't mix -- it's way too much of a distraction

 

Post a Comment

<< Home