Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Fell Off the Planet

Hi everyone, if anyone is still trying to read my blog. I apologize for my lack of attention to this.

As you may have read on DramaMama's blog, we have had an exchange student from Australia with us for the past 12 days. He is flying home tonight. We thoroughly enjoyed his visit, and are very sad to see him go. The Bear was so excited to have a new friend to play with even though he is 15.

Sam hails from Melbourne, and works with his mother at Penguin Books. I thought that this had to be more than a mere coincidence. As I type, my first book is in Sam's bag flying to Australia to be read and considered. I am keeping my fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed. I wanted to have more Revisions in my belt before submitting the book, but this window of opportunity was very small, so I took it.

If anything, Sam said that at least they will write out about 6 pages of suggestions, critique or whatever. He said that they have done this several times for friends and family. I would love to have the 6 page thing. The nice thing about this is, that they will take a little more care in reading it, because we hosted Sam while he was here.

I am cautiously optimistic, but will not be to surprised if they say no. I plan to keep working on it. I know it has a lot of room for polishing.

So, there you are.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep plugging away Dave. The answer is always no if the question is never asked. Ruded.

 
At February 04, 2007 8:27 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

cool. good luck buddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home