Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Barf Fest 2006

COUGH COUGH HWAAAUUUGGHGHHHHHHHH!!! SSHLLLLOOORRPRPPPPP!! UUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!! SCHLOOOORRRRPPPPP!!!!!! HACK HACKKKK SCHLOOORRPPPP!!!!!!

This was the fine sound that woke us up at 12:30 this morning. The Bear had come down a short while earlier and was sleeping on the floor to the side of our bed.

"Did you just throw up?"

"Yes." GWAAAUUGHGHHHH!!!! SCCHLOOORRRRPPPPP!!!!!!

"Aim for the blanket!!!!"

Okay, that was pretty graphic, but welcome to our world. The blankets and several towels went into the laundry, the pillow went into a garbage bag and out to the trash. DramaMama cleaned up the excess that made it into the carpet. Daddy got a new pillow and blankets, and a bowl. The Bear got hosed down and changed out of his split-pea soup covered clothes.

Awwww, back to sleep. I wish. I lay awake for 2 hours, because I have this real annoying thing that if I wake up in the night, I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

So about 2 hours passed. COUGH COUGH HWWUUUUAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

"AW CRAP!!!"

This time I was able to get him into the bathroom in front of the potty. I returned to the scene of the barfing to clean up when he started up again in the bathroom. When I got back to where I could see him, I expected to see him hunched over the potty gutting it into the can. Not our Bear. He was standing up arched back, projectile vomiting into the bathroom.

I made the mistake of hollering, which drew his attention mid-spew, which in turn altered the course of the pea soup. SCHLLLOOOORRPPPPPPP!!!!

It reminded me of some horror movie I saw a clip from.

We finally got him on his knees and hocking like a proper sick child. Drama took bathroom cleaning duty, while I cleaned up the blankets and set them into the washer. The first load was done, so it went into the dryer. I prepared yet another nest for our sick little bear.

Awwww to sleep, perchance to... GWAAAUUUUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

This time, I got him in the bathroom and in proper chucking position before the flood gates opened. One successful barf-a-rama later, and it was back to bed.

Shortly before I left for work he went at it again, but made it to the bathroom in time.

I'll spare the details of the big orange chunks in it that looked like hunks of cheddar. Oh wait, that was a detail. DOH!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 28, 2006 8:44 AM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

So sorry to hear about Bear's night and yours. I hope things are better now.

 
At December 31, 2006 5:54 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Yanno, I just didn't need to read that during MY MORNING COFFEE AND CHRISTMAS GINGERBREAD LADY!!!

ACK!!!!!!

I'm glad you're all the way in Arizona. I have this thing about keeping sick people far away from my family. :)

When he stops blowing chunks, give the little guy a big hug from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home