Thursday, July 27, 2006

Meet my brother "Monkey Butt"

The Bear of course was the inspiration for this blog. Not long ago, I was taking the Bear to bed, and we were going through the obligatory "good night John Boy" thing. As we were passing DrummerBoy's room, I told the Bear to tell him goodnight. The Bear hollered, "GOOD NIGHT MONKEY BUTT!"

Now... I was reminiscing at work today about the wonderful nicknames my siblings and I had as kids. My oldest brother was dubbed "King Tut" because he would read while in the bathroom and be in there for a very long time. My oldest sister went by "Christmas" because we were always waiting for her. I had a couple over the years. They show the love my family had for me. When I was a toddler I was known as "Dingbat". As I grew older, I became (shudder) "Dinkledorf". My younger sister had many. She started out as a baby with "Who", because that was the sound she made all the time. That evolved into Hoppeye (rhymes with Popeye). At one point she was "Relly" (Her name was Linda, but after a viewing of Cinderella, she got dubbed "Linda Relly"). Then the best one I ever came up with... "Stink Weed".

Alright, game on... Tell me your childhood nicknames, or ones you used on others. Don't be shy, I figure I will be addressed as Dinkledorf by my blog readers for awhile because of this. :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

My mom used to say I acted like Nellie Olsen. Does that count?

 
At July 29, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

They called you Dingbat?? No wonder you turned out this way! ;)

Dinkledorf?? That's positively Pennsylvania Dutch.

Drama mama -- Nellie Olsen?? You poor thing. How I HATED her! Are you over it yet? ;)

Let's see....my nicknames....

I'm still Jillybean, always have been.

My dad called me Spiffy.

Of course, he comes from an entire family of nicknamed brothers.

My dad is Mockie.

My uncles, living and deceased, are/were:

Botts
Nipper
Peppy
Tippy

And the rest went by their "real" names (my dad's name is actually John).

I used to call my sister Vanilla Cheeks.

And Eric calls me.....well, nevermind. :)

 
At August 02, 2006 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I used to get called Beetlejuice all the time. I looked a lot like Wynona Rider when I was younger and that movie was big then...Oi that sucked.

Wendi directed me here...If I knew I had to divulge that info, I may never have been asked to be cast :D J/K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home