Saturday, October 15, 2005

How to Get Out of a Ticket (From a Kid's Perspective)


As the Bug was growing up, I did my best to get him to see the Police and Firemen in a positive light and I would point them out whenever I saw them. Whenever we passed the fire station, he would yell, "FIRE STATION!" And we would always look to see the big trucks inside.

"The firemen help people with bad owies and put out the fires."

"When ever we see a policeman with his lights flashing, somebody crashed". I would remind him that policemen also stop people that are going too fast so they don't hurt someone.


Another time, I caught myself driving a little too fast, so I told the Bug that I needed to slow down so the policeman didn't make us stop and give us a ticket.

The Bug said, "We could drive really fast and get away!".

I explained that we would get in even worse trouble if we did that.

Then he said, "We could PUNCH 'em!".

Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly some people a lot older than your bug believe that "we could punch em" is a way of life. For a kid to say it is just hilarious though.

Going to be tough battling (Blog Explosion) against a funny story like that, but we'll see how it goes. Good luck.

 
At October 16, 2005 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you very calmly corrected him without laughing of course. ;-)

 
At October 16, 2005 12:37 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I chuckled. He was a very cute kid.

Stay tuned for his Star Wars comment.

It will appear in the next few days.

 
At October 16, 2005 1:49 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

that's because dads are invincible in the eyes of tiny tots. dads seem to lose their superpowers as the tykes get bigger.

 
At October 16, 2005 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

You know, a number of years ago, I was driving home with 2 or 3 of my then-very-small children in tow, and a policeman, who was standing at the intersection ahead, stopped me and began to approach my van with an angry stance.

"Yeah, I'm looking at you!" he bellowed as I rolled my window down, wondering what the heck he was yelling at me for. "You were going way too fast -- this is a school zone! Do you know how many people have been flying by here without slowing down..."

Yada, yada, yada. I just kept saying, "I'm sorry, sir. I didn't see the light, sir."

Truth be told, I'm not even sure the light was working. They were doing some roadwork in the same vicinity, and I seriously don't think the school zone light was flashing. I always slow down when I see those things. I mean, I grumble out the wazoo about it, but I do slow down.

After my verbal lashing from the officer, I proceeded home -- crying all the way.

So much for "Policemen are our friends."

I have since decided that it is perfectly all right for my children to call them Pigs.

OK, not really.

But still. What a jerk, huh?

 
At October 16, 2005 4:15 PM, Blogger Stargazer said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Adorable :D

 
At October 18, 2005 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that is funny

 
At October 18, 2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Pigs, bacon, oinkers, hog sloppin' donut woofers, Sgt Hamm... it's all good. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home