Monday, April 23, 2007

Cheezan of the Apes

I preface this with the status of DramaMama's and my head conditions:

DramaMama: Her migraine has lasted for over a week.

Me: Steady on for about a month I have had a comin' and going' tension headache. I find my self clenching my teeth so hard its a wonder I dont break a tooth.

Today, on advice from her mother, DramaMama tried a new combo of medicines that would knock out her headache. She took Anacin with Advil Cold & Sinus, and Kaplow! it took it out just like her mom said it would. WOO HOO! She was so happy not to have a headache at last.

Meanwhile, I have taken to chewing gum to try to take pressure off my teeth. I'm not quite sure what my deal is, but a few days ago, I missed a couple of days of my happy pills and I felt like I was in a rage. Everything was annoying, and I wanted to throw, smash, yell, scream and be all-around unpleasant. I finally got more of my meds and they calmed me down a bit. I am happy to report that I did none of the above other than a bit of screaming which I will detail below.

I watched Greystoke, the Legend of Tarzan the other night, and Tarzan made a great yelling sound. RRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So I tried it out, and boy did I like it. I kept doing it, and the Bear said, "Be quiet, I can't hear my show!"

I found out years ago while playing county rec volleyball that a good primal yell did wonders for getting me back in the game and focused. It's noisy and draws attention to you, but try it sometime when your bejeebers are being frustrated out of you... You might just like it.

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At April 26, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

No headache today!! Hooray!

 
At April 26, 2007 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you'd feel better if you did something to relieve the tension. Something manly like moving furniture. Furniture like, oh say maybe the fishtank! (dropped in from DramaMama's)

 
At April 26, 2007 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off.....please go move the fish tank for DramaMama...

I'm glad the combo worked.....
please move the fish tank for Drama Mama
maybe your teeth hurt from clinching them while off the meds....
please move the fish tank for Drama Mama
I might try the yell...it sounds like fun...

and please move the fish tank for Drama Mama

 
At April 26, 2007 8:44 PM, Blogger SalGal said...

Move the fish tank. NOW

 
At April 26, 2007 10:47 PM, Blogger Dave said...

How lovely to come home from a very stressful day with a bad headache to find that the only visitors I get to my blog are telling me to go do more work.

:P

 
At April 26, 2007 11:11 PM, Blogger Di said...

Yes Dave. That is right Dave. You will move the fish tank Dave.

 
At April 28, 2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Willow said...

Y'know, I do need a new "victim"...erm, I mean helper to help me practice my attacks for my black belt test. ::snicker::

Move. the. fishtank. (Please.)

 
At May 01, 2007 5:09 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Umm, per your wife--Move the frickin' fishtank!!

 
At May 01, 2007 5:10 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

P.S. You can do the Tarzan yell while you move it...

 
At May 02, 2007 10:00 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

hey bud -- hope you and your family have a great spring/summer.

cheers,

Shane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home