Monday, March 26, 2007

The Great Cracker Barrel Robbery


Yesterday, the Bear and I saddled up the Breeze and headed Southeast to Tucson to meet up with The Blogging Boss, and his son Catman. It was because of this blog that we even knew each other.

The Boss was in the area visiting his parents, so we made plans to meet in Tucson to have lunch and talk a bit.

The Bear slept most of the hour and a half drive, so he was loaded to the eyeballs with energy once we got to the meeting place which was The Cracker Barrel.

Once we were seated, the Bear kicked in the afterburners and was bouncing of the walls. I was very embarrassed having to try and rope him in while maintaining conversation with the Boss. He, thankfully, was very patient with both of us, and got his talking in during the all-to-brief moments of still and quiet.

We had a very nice visit despite the entertainment and mayhem that the Bear provided. I did get him to tell the knock-knock joke though, :) The Boss and I discussed a variety of things from work to programming to writing. Catman showed me a few of the things he has been working on, one of which can be seen by clicking on his link above. He has done some pretty cool things.

So, you are probably wondering about the title of this post...

The Boss was kind enough to pay for our meals because we had driven so far to see them. I thought that was very nice of him. While he was paying the tab, I was fielding "Can I have Candy?" type questions from the Bear as we perused the gift shop. I told him that he already had treats in the car.

We all went outside to take a few pictures, and although I had seen what the Bear was sucking on, it didn't register for several minutes. I realized he was sucking on a push-pop. I asked The Boss if he had bought that for him, but he hadn't. I obviously knew I hadn't, so the Bear had managed to nab some candy, and make it outside undetected.

When we were done with photos, I took the Bear back inside and got the attention of the store manager. We played the roles of stern parent and concerned business owner to send home the message that we don't take things we didn't pay for. After that, I went to the counter and paid for the push-pop. I of course had no cash on me, so I had to use my card for 59 cents. :)

We sent the Boss and Catman home with a jar of DramaMama's homemade salsa and a gift for their home.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 02, 2007 12:39 PM, Blogger Eric Boehme said...

Dave, I have charged 34 cents to my debit card, so I think I have you beat.

Catman and I had a good time with you guys and really appreciated you driving over an hour to meet us. Can't wait to dig into the salsa!

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home