Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Favorite Photo, My Favorite Girl

This my friends is a picture of DramaMama at her truest and most excellent best.

I love this picture.

Nothing is more beautiful than the love a mother has for her new child.

DramaMama went through an incredible ordeal to bring the Bear into this world. She spent the better part of two months in the hospital being induced, tortured, tormented, poked, and prodded. She endured excruciating pain to the point of wishing for death.

Yet after all of this, when the new little one was in need of an IV, the needle of which was as long as his wee little arm, DramaMama wept for him, not for herself.

The love in her heart is overflowing, and she gives it freely to the point of utter exhaustion. Her thoughts are for the well being of others and rarely for herself. Even when we are at our lowest point, she wants to help others who have it worse than we do.

She is a beautiful person both inside and outside. Her character is pure, her soul is pure, her love is pure. I am truly honored and blessed to call her my wife and my best friend. I kneel at her feet as the court jester in the Queen's royal court.

In many ways I feel unworthy of such a wonderful companion, and I thank the Lord for his love and guidance, and for bringing the two of us together.

I love you honey!

Now in light of DramaMama's latest post, please visit The Peebugg Press for some nice photos of DramaMama from yesteryear.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At January 18, 2006 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous picture!

I envy you and your family! You sound so in love and happy! I want to find that.

:)

 
At January 18, 2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Honey....I now feel very guilty for putting such a funny pic of you on my blog. But it's so cute! And leopard is totally your color!

I love you SOOOOOOOOO much too!

kisses!

 
At January 18, 2006 8:56 AM, Blogger Jami said...

Wow. What a beautiful post and a beautiful picture too!

 
At January 18, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger peebugg said...

How cool, and such a great picture. I'm sure you endured a lot as well Dave. It's difficult to stand by and watch someone you love go through so much.

You guys are a great family....

 
At January 18, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

That is a truely wonderful post and photograph.
:)

 
At January 18, 2006 4:06 PM, Blogger sea said...

Dave - you bring me to tears today with the depth of your love for your beautiful wife. It is so inspiring and so lovely to see. Your willingness to share that love with us is an honor and blessing. This is a stunningly beautiful photo of your wife, and a beautifully written post. I am in awe.

 
At January 18, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

Drama Mama is awesome!

 
At January 19, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

You are both awesome.

Great post and beautiful picture.

 
At January 20, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Ohhhhhh what a blessed woman -- not only does her husband ADORE and HONOR her, but he's a WRITER on top of all that!!!!!!!!

Dave, you put Hallmark to shame.

*snif*

This is what love is all about. For real and forever.

 
At January 21, 2006 3:09 AM, Blogger Lonnie said...

It does not get any better than this...

Thanks...

 
At January 21, 2006 7:30 AM, Blogger "Jet" said...

Dave-- I cried... Gee thanks! What an amazing post and it's very flattering to see that men can actually pour out their feelings about their spouse or loved ones without trepidation. Your wife and children are very lucky to have you. I am lucky to call you a friend!

XXOO,
JTL

 
At January 21, 2006 7:36 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Beautiful photo and beautiful post!

 
At January 22, 2006 7:36 PM, Blogger The Blogging Boss said...

Dave,

You are a model for all husbands. You deserve such a wife and she desrves such a husband.

Truly a gift from God!

Eric

 
At January 22, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

I can see why you love this photo! it's absolutely perfect!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home