Monday, November 28, 2005

Goodbye Bubba I love you

Upon our return home from our Thanksgiving trip to DramaMama's parents, I discovered that the Bear's favorite fishy in the tank "Bubba" had died.

Bubba has been ill for a few weeks, and we were surprised he held on as long as he did.

The Bear has been fascinated with Bubba's impending demise and asked frequently if Bubba was dead yet.

I scooped poor Bubba out of the tank, and as I placed in him in a plastic cup, I heard a sad little voice to my side, "Goodbye Bubba."

We have been preparing the Bear for this by telling him that soon we are going to have to send Bubba to see Jesus, and that he will be swimming in Jesus's fish tank now.

As we approached the porcelain graveyard, the Bear requested a last look at his dear little fishy. "Goodbye Bubba, I love you." It was both cute and sad.

As we sent Bubba for the swirly swim, the Bear remained by my side, and watched as his friend went on his way to see Jesus.

It passed surprisingly fast, however. By the time we were back in the living room he was already talking about getting a really big Bubba. Perhaps Santa will bring a really big Bubba for a little Bear.

This evening at our family's annual cookie train build, I told Kayden to tell his cousin about Bubba. I said, "Where did Bubba go?" I was intending for him to respond, "To live with Jesus." But in true kid fashion, he replied, "In the potty."

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 9:10 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

*sniff* Goodbye Bubba II.

 
At November 30, 2005 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( I've lost goldfish too. How'd you bury him? Mine got toilet burials :)

 
At November 30, 2005 8:01 PM, Blogger Dave said...

"porcelain graveyard" and "swirly swim" were just a euphemistic way of saying potty burial.

:)

 
At November 30, 2005 10:26 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

heh

 
At December 01, 2005 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh...you know what it was I started reading got pulled away from my computer...by the time I came back I thought I'd finished reading. Last night was a bit crazy...you'll have to fogive my laps, though I did read it...because I very clearly remember porcelain graveyard...is this cause for worry? I think I might be losing my mind (though some claim I already have :))

 
At December 01, 2005 9:51 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Awww poor bubba :(

 
At December 02, 2005 10:27 PM, Blogger Hillary said...

poor bubba!

A three year old I know was horrified when his goldfish died that his parents put it in the garbage. "But fish need water to breathe!" So cute!

 
At December 04, 2005 7:21 PM, Blogger Willow said...

Poor bug. My little one had to figure out how they separeated the poop from the fishies going to heaven. She came up with it on her own. (Don't ask). Poop doesn't live in heaven.

But we recently lost our dear Tiny Peep (small peeper toad) and it was a sad occasion. So we know how he feels. Poor bug. Poor Bubba.

And ok, I can't even type these word verifications SOBER. Mebbe I should have a few drinks and try again! WTF is fyqxuxpo??

 
At December 14, 2005 5:54 PM, Blogger peebugg said...

at least he flushed down.

I did that with Ashton's fish and the dang thing wouldn't go down...it was too big....

Eeeeewww so I had to go dead-fishin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home