Friday, November 25, 2005

The Day After The Night Before

This morning I was wrapped up in the comforter until all hours of the day, while DramaMama and her friend arose in the wee ones to join the stampede that is the day after Thanksgiving.

They plan their excursions much like the military does in the war room. Newspaper ads organized by category, store, color, and recycle content. Detailed maps of the layout of the city, Hummers gassed and running... okay I made that up, but you get the idea. Extensive lists of must-haves and gonna-haves. With 20-30 empty slots for the didnt-know-I-gotta-haves.

Upon her return, a special glow radiated from her face, then meeting my eyes, she sheepishly said, "I spent a lot of money."

I twitched my head to the side, signifying that it went without saying that our account lost some serious weight today.

"But I bought you a belt!"

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At November 25, 2005 5:24 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Oh yeah, she got a car today.

 
At November 27, 2005 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It goes without saying! Don't you know us gals are experts at shopping...we're born with the 'know-how' :)

this was one year I didn't join the crazy throngs of people. I went to the movies instead :)

 
At November 27, 2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Dave said...

We both went to a movie. We saw Harry Potter and loved it.

 
At November 27, 2005 9:47 PM, Blogger The Blogging Boss said...

Dave,

Welcome back! Hope you had a great vacation - holiday. If you go down to my Black Friday post I can give you advice as far as BF goes.

I bought nothing for less than 50% off. I left my Hummer at home - can't afford the gas. But I juiced up my Datsun and blew around town getting a thrill per kill!

Hope you and drama and dog house and et al had a great holiday.

Eric

 
At November 27, 2005 9:59 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I LOVE reading husband and wives blogs! So fun. Her account of the day was much more fun..and detailed. At least they both mentioned the belt.;)

 
At November 30, 2005 10:28 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

the belt was for hanging yourself amidst the receipts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home