Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Old Softy... I Mean Yeller


The other day I saw that Old Yeller was coming on, so I recorded it so I could watch it with the Bear.

After work today, I had to drop by my dad's house to help move a TV into the house. It was in the back seat of his car, and was big, bulky, and heavy. I managed to wrestle it out, and get it on a little wheeled gizmo. We rolled it inside, and got it in place and hooked up. I knew I had done the deed though. My back was already hurting.

Once I got home and had dinner, I fired up Old Yeller. DramaMama had never seen it, but knew what happens. She noticed that as the movie started, I was a little misty eyed. Dern my hide! :) I think it is a great movie, but I knew what was going to happen, so it got me before my butt groove in the couch was even warm!.

At the moment it happens I choked it back. The Bear wasn't sad at all. His take on it? "I bet that makes him dead!"

As you can see on the bottom part of the picture, Arliss is riding on Old Yeller's back. The Bear said, "That was cool! he was riding the dog!"

Next week: Where the Red Fern Grows... *whimper*

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not read, what, talk about where the red fern grows. I had to read it in 7th grade and watch it and it was one of the only books that has ever made me bawl my eyes out - oh my word! Nope will never got back to that book - great book but what a tear jerker.

Jennifer

 
At June 19, 2008 9:50 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I hate movies that toy with your emotions like that. They really tick me off. I'm not a huge fan of "sappy" movies...even the chick flick ones. Yuck.

I like that you're so sensitive though. Awwwww.... :P

luv u honey!

 
At June 25, 2008 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Bear's reaction. Ha ha!

 
At June 25, 2008 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Bear's reaction. Ha ha!

 
At June 25, 2008 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the duplicate comment...I must have really loved Bear's reaction.

 
At July 29, 2008 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home