Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gas - a rant

This is frickin' NUTS!

How can the price go up over a dollar in 2 months time? We all panicked with hurricane Katrina when gas went over $3.00. Now we sit and dream of those days.

I have been thinking about getting out my trusty bike and pedalling to work. That is until I went bike riding this evening with the Bear. We went about 3 blocks out and 3 blocks back. My legs were burning, the fellers were squarshed, I was huffing... I wont be riding my bike to work.

If this gets much worse, I don't know what we will do. We are being ripped off, and there isn't a whole fat lot we can do about it.

I would applaud goverment regulation of gas prices, that way the local stations couldn't gouge us just because they are greedy. If the feds started handing out fines for price gouging, I would think that prices would even out nicely. Granted the price of oil is rising, but the gas industry is using that as an excuse to force us over one of the barrels and ram the gas dispenser up our hoinky.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2008 5:04 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I've been trying to drive without air...at least in the mornings. It sucks though. I'm a wimp.

 
At June 11, 2008 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, 'tis very crappy indeed. I'm trying not to go anywhere. It's not working.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home