Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Double Deception of the Tooth Fairy

The Bear has had a wiggly fang for awhile, and it finally came out yesterday. I immediately recalled a bag in my desk drawer from dejunking the other day. The bag contained two dollarrs in quarters and a roll of Smarties. This was the gift from the Tooth Fairy for a previous AWOL tooth.

So being a frugal and practical fairy, I snealed the bag into my pocket, and waited for the Bear to go to sleep. When it was time for bed, I cleaned out my pockets to the dresser, and there was the bag.

So I trotted upstairs to fulfill my parental duties of deceiving my child. I knelt beside his bed, and started tugging on the bag with the tooth in it, and the Bear woke up... sort of. A lot of spastic jerking, and wondering where he was type of thing. So I told him I didn't mean to wake him up.

I was sort of busted at this point, so I started thinking fast. I said, "Hey, do you think the Tooth Fairy came yet?"

*Some indistinct mumbling*

"Let's check."

So I pulled out the bag with the tooth in it, then lifted up the bag with the money and candy. "Look, she did come!"

The Bear smiled, took the bag, rolled over and went to sleep.

The next morning, the Bear reported that the Tooth Fairy came while Daddy was watching the baseball game. LOL Makes sense though, I went to do the deed after I watched the game, and from his perspective, the Tooth Fairy had already come.

So the cheapo Tooth Fairy regifted the Bear his own money and candy, and did the switcheroo right there with him watching. And we wonder why our kids grow up thinking we're mental!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 05, 2008 10:55 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

LOL LOL LOL

Ahhhh..it's good to mess with their heads! They've got to have something to talk about in therapy!

 
At June 09, 2008 6:18 AM, Blogger Willow said...

Heh. We were in Canada when Kasia and Bug were wiggling teeth. I told them if they yanked them out there, even though we weren't spending the night, the Tooth Fairy would only give them the Canadian exchange rate. They left them alone.

Then Kasia yanked her tooth at school and got one of those tooth fairy necklaces. (You know the ones - they don't' close tightly at all) and really did lose her tooth (again!) at school.

No tooth = no tooth fairy. Even on your birthday.

I'm so mean.

It's ok though. I don't think she really still believes. I think she just knows she's got a cash cow so is keeping her mouth shut about it.

 
At June 10, 2008 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That is so funny. A re-gifting tooth fairy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home