Saturday, May 17, 2008

Honey-Dids

Its feels good to finally get some of those lagging projects done. The kind that your wife assigned you 6 months ago and never got around to.

Today I made a list of things to do, and have scratched off all but 2. I even did them before I scratched them off.

One of them made DramaMama both happy and annoyed at the same time. For a very long time we have had a network cable strung from my office, down the hall, down the stairs, behind a bookcase, turned right to hide under the couch sort of, then under DramaMama's desk where it plugged unto her computer. Easily seen it is, how this attractive solution to connectivity might not suit.

So anyway, for Mother's Day I planned to fix the original cable. I was going to put new connectors on it and remove the old cable then just let her discover that the cable was gone. I weren't feeling good, so instead I gave her the package of new connectors as one of her presents. The old cable used to work, then with a new configuration, it didn't, so I strung the one through the house and got it working. The part that annoyed DramaMama was that before I tried putting new connectors on the old one, I plugged it in, and... it worked. I could have switched it out several months ago with not much effort. *sheepish grin*

I also drained the fish tank of oh-so-wholesome-looking fishy poop water, cleaned the things from inside, dumped the highly poopified blue rocks from the bottom, and when the level of water was low enough, I took on the task of capturing Frick, the rogue algae eater, killer of goldfish. It took me 10 minutes to finally trap him in a net made for little goldfish. He is about 9 or 10 inches long.

So Frick was in the bucket finally. The Bear and I drove him to Pets, Inc. which seemed approriate as a subsidiary of Monsters, Inc... where we donated Frick. The annoying part about that was, that the guy that helped us reached right in the bucket, picked Frick up, and dropped him in the nearest tank. Frick didn't even flinch!

When I returned home I finished cleaning out the remaining cloud-o-poop water and rocks and disposed of those. It was all most gross and disgusting, but hey.... it was my job to keep the tank clean, so there you are.

We are also dejunking... where'd we get all this crap???? (other than fish poop I mean) We have a mountain of stuff for a garage sale now. In my younger years, I used to collect mugs from different places I visited. For a VERY long time they have been in boxes in a closet. So I think I am going to throw them into the garage sale.

All of proceeds from the garage sale will go to help finance Drummer Boy's Europe trip next summer. Hmmmm.... I clean out fish poop... he goes to Europe...

So anyway, a few of those honeydews became honeydids today. WOO HOO!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 7:15 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

mostly I'm just glad the cable is gone. Good job on all the hard work. Especailly the fish tank! I'm so happy it's on it's way out! YES!

 
At May 23, 2008 8:41 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Nice job! Ew, I hated cleaning out the fish bowl back in college. I imagine a tank is oh-so much worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home