Sunday, February 10, 2008

In True 'Bear' Form

Okay, we haven't seen a good story from the Bear in awhile... Or a poop one for that matter, so here we go:

I help the Bear do his homework most evenings, and we were reviewing some of his spelling words. He is still learning to read, so I was having him read the words and spell them.

We came to the word 'puppy'. He has a special spot in his heart for puppies, and has wanted one for a long time.

When he figured out the word, his face lit up and he said "puppeeeeee" with a big smile on his face. Then he said, "I'll get a puppy if I pee and poop a lot."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Okay, a little explanation may be required. When he was younger, one of our potty training bribes was that he had to poop in the potty 10 times without soiling a diaper and we would discuss getting a puppy. Well, the weeks and months dragged on with little progress and the puppy topic fell by the wayside. The Bear has long since transitioned into "Big Boy Pants" and is potty trained. I just hope he doesn't decide to press us on the puppy issue, because the result will pretty much be that we traded in a pooping boy for a pooping dog. The benefit of the pooping boy is the the diaper caught it. With a dog, the carpet, the yard, etc gets it. Then the yard stinks to high heaven, and mom and dad have to take care of the dog because junior lost interest. Hmmmm seems like I remember what I did when I was a kid.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2008 7:16 AM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I REALLY don't want a pooping dog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home