Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Many Hats


I'm sure we all feel this way, all our different callings in life mixed in with our hobbies, work, church, schools, the yard, all fighting for our attention.

Some of my hats are of course Hubby and Dad, work... OY! Then writing, my business, and computer go-to guy for the extended family.

Recently, I have had a wave of people asking for help with their blogs. This was fun, because I got to put on my "prest-o change-o use the old thing and make it look completely different" hat.

I first took on "Beneath the Ivy Wreath" where I designed a header graphic for her. She hasn't got it in place yet, but soon I imagine. Next I took on a challenge from my sister the "Domestic Goddess" to help her redesign her blog. She had downloaded a very pink template from which I used one graphic and the color scheme. I think it turned out quite well.

DramaMama has been asking for a long time for me to fix an image on her blog. The people that created her template embedded her photo into the main image. She didn't like that, so I edited it out and replaced it. I also uploaded a profile image for her. I used the Pirate one he he he.

You may also have noticed a slight change in this blog as well. I originally used one of the stock templates, but was never really fond of the green blob in the profile. So now that I have become a bit better at template tweaking, I decided to do my own as well. I think it looks better, although it does have a few minor quirks.

Awhile ago, I helped redo my Writers in the Mist blog. The concept was mine, but I give full credit to Jonathan Boehme (see The Write Way Home) for the artwork and design of it. I made a few tweaks here and there.

So anyway, this weekend was a blog-o-rama, and I got a new hat.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 11:10 PM, Blogger MaR said...

I like your new hat!!! you are a generous blogger helping others out. I used to play a lot with my template without knowledege until it was unreadable under firefox and two loyal blogfriends told me about it...so I got professional help and now I just do minor changes just for fun but don't dare to touch the basic template. Here via Miss Wings!

 
At October 02, 2006 5:53 AM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

Okay, I launched it this morning, and I think it looks great if you want to take a peek at it. I'm very pleased with it. Thanks again, and I'm posting giving you credit in just a minute. You're the best!

 
At October 02, 2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen the work that you do and it's wonderful. Ps: YOu and your wife make a lovely couple.

 
At October 02, 2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Yep, you are the Creative Type.

And let's not forget this hat:

Superlative Critique Partner Hat.

I couldn't do this revisions thing without your keen eys, mate.

 
At October 02, 2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

eye, even.....

 
At October 02, 2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Howdy bro! I got to come visit from Wendy's.
Thanks for recommending it.

 
At October 03, 2006 10:26 PM, Blogger serenity said...

:)

Very nice. I like the enhancements here, and what you did with the pink :)

Happy week and hugs to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home