Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Speaking of Arse's

Unreasonable: Adj. CheezWeezil's boss

Let me set the scene for you. CheezWeezil has already spent the bulk of the day eye-ball deep in work goo, skipping half of lunch to get stuff done.

Senor Boss creature arrives at 4:40 and asks me if a political candidate has given the information we need for his website.

"uh... no."

He leaves my office.

A minute later he is back and he tells me that we will be building a website and it needs to be up in the next few minutes, because the client is trying to see it.

"Oh, really?" CheezWeezil says. "Do you have any content for me?"

"They are saving it for you."

Then he shows me the mailer that the new site is to be patterned from.

A few minutes later he hands me his cell phone. It is the client. The boss tells me to ask for whatever I need to get the site up. By the way, he has already told the client that we have the site done, and all we need is this info to get it launched. He told them that before I had even heard I would be building the website. SHEESH!

I set to work with no content, and a very vague description of what was wanted for the site. About 20 minutes later, I am still waiting for images, but have a format setup. Finally some images arrive, but wonder of wonders, they aren't the ones I need.

Another ten minutes passes until I finally get the right images. I go into hyper-drive and slam out 3 pages based on the mailer I was shown.

At about 5:20 I was wrapping up, and the boss walked by. I called him in to look at what I had.

"That's all you have?" he asked. "We've been telling him what great things we can do. That's not very great."

"And I haven't had very much time to work on it either." I replied.

I flipped through the pages.

He had me add another panel from the mailer which took about 10 minutes. I uploaded that and went home fuming.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Your boss is not my favorite person. I think he's a HUGE jerk!!!!!!!! A real Jack Arse!

 
At September 13, 2006 12:48 PM, Blogger serenity said...

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

I remember a friend used to tell me that whenever his boss would ask him to get something impossible done in a really short amount of time he would say to him "I'm happy to get the job done, and with the amount of time you have given me to complete it, that is exactly the quality you can expect to get from it."

And then my dad's famous saying, "Work expands or contracts to fit the time allotted for his completion."

Gotta love all that work wisdom. Seems to me so many themes are so universal. Guess that's why Dilbert is so popular.

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

This post needed hugs at the beginning and at the end.

 
At September 14, 2006 4:55 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

You are absolutely not serious???

My mouth is literally hanging open over here. I already knew this guy was a butt, but this is unbelievable.

Honey, you deserve WAY better. WAY WAY WAY better.

Way stinkin' better.

Way freaking stinkin' better.

Way freaking stinkin' honking flipping better.

 
At September 14, 2006 8:47 PM, Blogger MzAriez said...

I guess I should feel blessed that my bosses usually love me. I get treated with my respect and appreciation.

Anyways, I hope you felt better when you got home.

Take care and keep smiling.

 
At September 14, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger The Blogging Boss said...

Dave,

Your boss is the boss that so many inept managers aspire to be.

He should be proud.

Making god-like promises, demonstrating mythological powers before customers,lining up his slaves to perform his desires.

Then, when he finds out the "ba" and the "ka" are actually two words with two letters and do not amount to anything more than Egyptian insanity, he seeks to destroy all those who could not perform the miraculous in the Netherworld.

In other words:

Incompetent: Adj. CheezWeezil's boss

Can I share your story anonymously on my blog (with Blogging Boss commentary)? This is so rich.

 
At September 24, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

So you're the web expert I've been needing to help me figure out how to redo my blog....I've put out a couple of SOS's recently, but no one has known the answers. But I see you've been flogged um I mean bogged down with other matters. What a jerk! All I want is an Ivy Wreath banner across the top of my blog. Think you can have that done, like yesterday?? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home