Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Food, The Fat, and the Fruggly


Over the past several weeks, I have felt as though a giant crap-beast has been dumping on me at work. I have had so much to do that I often have missed lunch and have worked late. I have gotten a lot done, but it's much like a river... it just keeps a comin'.

So... needless to say, (but I will anyway) , I have been very tired for a very long time, and have little energy and patience upon arriving home.

I try to find solace by escaping to my office where I can think, relax, and perhaps write. But, and it's a BIG but... My five-year-old shadow follows me right in and wants to play a game with me on my computer.

This is fine I suppose, but there is rarely a time when I sit at my computer that this does not happen. I have tons to do at home as well on my own company, my brother's website, and a handful of other projects I am working on.

The Bear shows up and wants to play, and I am put in the situation of deciding whether to make him cry or not by insisting that I am going to get some work done. He is a special little guy, and doesn't yet understand why we cant play all day long on the computer.

These long hours have made me look more like that dude above. I usually have breakfast running out the door, and driving to work. I miss lunch about 50% of the time. I get home from work, and pig out. Being wiped out from the day, I look for the fastest and easiest thing to shove in my face, and it usually isn't something healthy.

I actually have been much happier lately, but I am just wiped out tired all of the time, and my head gets full of buzzing icky goo, and doesn't want to deal with anything more.

I have for the most part stopped writing because of it. I very much want to continue my books, but most of the time I sit at the computer, and my brain vomits and says 'no more for today'.

So downstairs I go to find something to shove in my face. American Idol with a frickin' big bag of chips.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 05, 2006 10:53 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

There is no good answer as far as the bear is concerned. When you send him packing downstairs, he re-attaches himself to me...where he has already been all day. I try to get him to do something else, and he goes upstairs to you.

 
At April 07, 2006 7:49 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Not writing for now is just a phase I am sure :)

 
At April 09, 2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

((((((((((Dave and Erica)))))))))))

 
At April 09, 2006 5:44 PM, Blogger "Jet" said...

Now there's a reason why you have been missing!

Take it easy!!

XXOO,
JTL

 
At September 30, 2006 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home