Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Cricket-Dile Hunter



CRIKEY I HATE CRICKETS!
We have had several crickets in the house lately, and they of course crick at night when I am trying to sleep. The bad thing is when you try to locate where they are and you get too close to them, they stop so you can't spot them.
So anyway, we had one in our linen closet, and I finally managed to pinpoint the area he was in. I unloaded the crap that was on the floor under the lowest shelf where I thought it was. Couldn't see anything. Unloaded the bottom two shelves... Still nothing. So I put it all back figuring I scared it away.
I laid back down... CRICK CRICK CRICK. RAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! (That last bit was me)
I patiently listened and determined that the little booger was indeed on the floor of the closet. I finally spotted it on the underside of the shelf in the corner.
I don't bother with stuff like flyswatters or shoes in these situations. I go for the big guns.

THE DYSON!

FWOOP! the little sucker (I mean the cricket) disappeared into the vortex of death, and at last I could sleep.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 11, 2008 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha

I love the sounds of crickets...just not in the house!

 
At November 02, 2008 7:28 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Yes, the Dyson is my weapon of choice as well. We rataused to get crickets in our old house. They drove me nuts!

(My word verification is ratard. Definition: a slow rat.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home