Saturday, December 10, 2005

Rudolph made an example?

The other day, I took the Bear to see Santa Claus at the mall.

We waited in line for nearly an hour, during which we had a lot of time to look at the Christmas set and decorations.

They had a snow maker blowing snow out where the kids could have it land on them.

There were two trains, and elves dangling precariously from the ceiling.

As we drew nearer to the head of the line, I stopped in front of a section dedicated to the reindeer. They were corralled in the "Reindeer Barn". It was all well and good... but then I looked up, and burst out laughing.

There above the entrance was Rudolph the Red Nosed-Reindeer's... HEAD!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At December 11, 2005 6:26 AM, Blogger The Blogging Boss said...

Dave,

Rudolph has set the bar so high that the whole reindeer industry is clamoring to keep up. When I think of a reindeer with character - with charm - with that understated macho quality, I think of Rudolph!

What did the Bear think?

Eric

 
At December 11, 2005 11:37 AM, Blogger Dave said...

He wouldnt understand the significance of a Christmas Icon having only his head on display.

He was more interested in the fake snow blowing around the place.

He sat on Santa's lap, and we got pictures. When we were walking back out into the mall, the Bear asked, "How come Santa didn't give me my new game?"

 
At December 11, 2005 11:53 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

that's one maniacal-looking Rudolph. No wonder they gunned him down and mounted him.

 
At December 11, 2005 12:14 PM, Blogger Dave said...

LOL Shane

I guess he must have smarted off one too many times from Santa asking, "Wont you guide my sleigh tonight?"

 
At December 14, 2005 3:05 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Why, that's downright redneck!

"I'b cuuuute! She said I'b cuuuuute! She said I'b -- "

PPPPPKKKKKKOOOOOWWWWWWW!!

 
At December 16, 2005 11:34 AM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Rudolf played one too many reindeer games huh :)

BTW I deleted my account at BE today so you won't be seeing me around there anymore. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home