Saturday, January 10, 2009

Little Shop... Little Shop of... Whores?

First off... I hate that word.

As you probably saw on DramaMama's blog, we got tickets through my work to go to Broadway Palm dinner theater to go see "The best little whorehouse in Texas". I was wary of it, but figured the free food would be worth whatever we had to endure.

Here is my review:

The food was good.

End of review.

Um... okay here's some more.

There were a couple funny moments, but most of it was distasteful, and parts (mainly due to the actors) were atrocious. We left at intermission along with many other people. The theater last night was sparsely attended to begin with, so I imagine the staff got to wish the janitor goodnight instead of the audience.

There was very little of value to the production and once again, Broadway Palm left us disappointed. We have enjoyed some fantastic productions there, but they seem to have this seedy underbelly that rears its head from time to time.

My rating of the show? LOWZEE! (Say that with a fake southern drawl).

I enjoyed the food and the company of my favorite girl. The ones on stage did not attract my attention.

Side note: Best Suns game in a long frickin' time! I recorded it and it way made up for the lack of entertainment at the theater. They whomped the Dallas Mavericks by 28 points!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 8:13 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Thanks for the good/bad date honey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home